Pages

Thursday, 26 January 2012

A-Must-Read


Today, I just wanted to share with you all a book that I've recently read, that I want everyone to read.
  


This book is about a Jewish boy growing up in the time of the holocaust.  He and his family are sent to Auschwitz and Buchwald. It is a true story and written by the man himself, a survivor of that terrible, terrible time. 
This account moved me to tears and filled me with such anguish for what these people went through. 
I know many people don't read these kind of books because they say they are 'too sad' or say 'why do you want to upset yourselves'. 
But I feel it is our responsibility to know about things like this 
that have happened. 
If this man can come out of the holocaust and relive those times in his mind to write about it (when I'm sure all he wanted to do was forget),
shouldn't we at least read about it and take one minute to reflect on it, 
while we sit in the comforts of  our home, 
with warm toes and full bellies,
our families near us.

Just a thought.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the book review! I will be checking this one out1

    ReplyDelete