Pages

Monday, 12 December 2011

Ginger Delight!

What can I say?



Christmas is in the air...:)


Today I have been baking!!! Among the things I have been making are these delectable delights! Seriously, try them!! If you all lived closer, we could have a ginger delight party where I would serve you eggnog and these yummies.

But instead, you'll just have to take my word for it...

AH-MAZING!!!!

They are pretty simple too!
When my mom first gave me this recipe last year I was like, nah..not into ginger cookies that much, but when I made them..oh man.

Let's just say, this year I have been good and only ate 2...

Trust me, this is a record I am proud of!


Here is the recipe for you all to give it a go..


Dipped Ginger Cookies
2 cups sugar
1 ½ cups oil
2 eggs
Beat well. 

Stir in:  ½ cup molasses ( I am in the Uk and use treacle, which works too)

Combine:   4 cups flour
                  4 tsp. Baking soda
                  1 Tbsp. Ginger
                  2 tsp. Cinnamon
                  1 tsp. Salt

Stir dry ingredients into sugar mixture.  Roll into ¾ inch balls and put 2 inches apart on a greased cookie sheet.  Don’t flatten the balls.  Bake at 350 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes.  Let cookies cool.
Melt 2 pk. vanilla chips with ¼ cup shortening (or I just use white easy melt chocolate that is specially for dipping).  Dip each cookie halfway into melted chips . Put on waxed paper to set. Eat way more than is good for until you feel sick. Trust me-this is the most important step. Then all that is left for you to do is fall in an untidy heap on the couch and sleep off the sugar aches...














1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, THOSE look amazing! LOVE that they are two colors. SO fun and festive! Thanks for linking this to my blog!

    ReplyDelete